Feasibility studies are crucial to practical decisions about your microgrid project. POWER’s electrical studies experts can help you navigate the unique technical issues that could arise at your site.
Answers to these questions and more should be determined at the microgrid feasibility stage:
- To what extent can existing sources be used?
- How much energy storage and solar photovoltaic energy is practical and stable?
- How will VAR resources be established and controlled?
- Which loads are critical and which can be interrupted to preserve continuity?
- What equipment and controls are required to make the new microgrid perform properly?
Our diverse technical team pulls experts from many disciplines to engineer solutions that meet your needs. We also deliver documentation that is detailed, concise and clear.
You gain the confidence that you’re moving forward with the best solutions and that you have a system engineered to meet your unique operational needs.
- Analysis of available traditional generation, renewable and energy storage resources
- Reactive power flow and voltage stability analysis
- Electrical distribution system design and capacity analysis
- Critical and non-critical load requirements
- Islanding and paralleling equipment
- Frequency and voltage stability
- Protection system operation and critical clearing times
- Black-start capability