Microgrids promise you greater flexibility and reliability in today’s rapidly changing energy environment.
Yet those benefits come with their own set of challenges. Microgrid operational control is one of the most important issues you face in creating a stable system.
POWER’s experts can help you meet those challenges with controls that improve your ability to isolate, or island, the microgrid from the larger electric system. Our experts can design and implement controls for the sequence of actions needed for a black start as well as for a smooth return to operating on the grid.
POWER’s team also can help you improve management of renewable and traditional sources when connected to the larger grid.
You gain solutions that help you make the most of operating your microgrid, whether it’s operating on or off the utility grid.
- Operating sequence development and documentation
- Static and dynamic electrical models of microgrid performance for islanding, paralleling and black start modes
- Real and reactive power flow studies
- Performance analysis for inverter-based energy sources such as solar, flywheel, BESS, etc., as well as traditional sources such as reciprocating engine, combustion turbine, hydro-electric, etc.
- Microgrid control architecture, specification and configuration
- Paralleling breaker controls
- Load preservation, load shedding and power management systems to balance critical load and energy generation and storage capabilities
- Failure mode and risk analysis