With the increase of environmental regulatory challenges and advancements in fuel burning options, many coal-fired power plants are facing retirement. It may no longer be feasible to operate and renovate many power plants. Therefore, decommissioning and dismantling becomes part of these facilities’ lifecycles.
Building on our extensive power generation experience, POWER provides solutions to those who have made the decision to retire a plant and now face a series of complex choices. Decommissioning often presents clients with many new challenges, so it is extremely important that someone with expertise and experience is involved during the dismantle process.
- Plant decommissioning
- Engineers probable cost estimates
- Life cycle cost estimates
- Feasibility studies
- Feasibility consultation and alternative technology review
- Project feasibility and sizing studies and estimating
- Detailed design
- Construction services
- Due diligence
- Environmental permitting
- Permitting definition and support
- On-site retirement support