POWER Engineers understands the importance of security in maintaining your operation’s reliability. This includes — but also goes beyond — the NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) compliance requirements. We work with you to develop secure electric power systems that systematically and sustainably reduce risk, improve reliability, and achieve NERC CIP compliance.
In the electronically-automated environment that is today’s bulk electric system, it is essential to protect your critical cyber assets (CCA) from outside attacks. We have an established process that assesses where you are today and helps you take the steps needed to improve your cyber security and achieve compliance with NERC CIP standards. As part of the process we can design the appropriate security system for your situation.
- Critical cyber asset determination
- Plan, procedures and policy documentation
- Define practical Electronic Security Perimeter(s) (ESP) Critical Infrastructure Protection and access points
- Define Physical Security Perimeter(s) (PSP)
- Conduct NERC CIP compliance audits
- Mitigation planning and settlement
Security Assessment & Enhancement Services
- Deliver NERC CIP compliant control equipment and systems
- Recommend PSP monitoring practices and equipment
- Select transmission protocols, encryption and defenses at the ESP
- Recommend malware defenses, account and network monitoring
- Implement default access rules at the firewall