Client: L’Oréal USA, Florence Manufacturing
Location: Florence, Kentucky
L’Oréal renovated and expanded its Florence manufacturing facility in the company’s largest construction project in North America. Throughout nearly 18 months of construction for the $47.5 million project, POWER served as L’Oréal’s third-party safety, industrial hygiene and environmental coordinator.
- Exceeded OSHA regulatory requirements for site safety and health criteria, resulting in an outstanding safety record and a unique health and safety culture.
- Helped L’Oréal and its primary contractor achieve zero lost-time accidents and only two OSHA recordable incidents during the 271,000 contractor man-hours worked on the project.
- Helped the project team earn special recognition from the Kentucky Occupational Safety and Health Program under its Construction Partnership Program for exemplary leadership in the prevention and control of occupational safety and health hazards on a major construction project.
- Scope included demolition, new construction, moving processing equipment from Ohio and installing new mechanical equipment
- Continuously observed employees from 44 different subcontractors (up to 249 workers on site at once)
- Weekly project meetings to review daily logs and address needed steps to improve (logs included observed hazards, risky behaviors and good practices).
- Exposures to dusts, welding fumes, hexavalent chromium, lead, asbestos and noise carefully monitored
- Construction safety and health oversight
- Regulatory compliance
- Industrial hygiene monitoring and exposure assessment
- Health and safety data collection and documentation